Too Mutch

...a safe place to dance with ideas, play with theology, and re-create a life implicated by God

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wal-Mart Weekender

I've really been getting some good questions come my way...which helps how I shape the next couple of posts which are designed (hopefully) to help us wrestle a bit with philosophy of economy, spending, etc. with the example of Walmart, b/c it is just crazy to think about the effect Walmart has.

Some of you have told me that you boycott Walmart. Others used to boycott, but no longer do. Well, here's some weekend reading that might help...or confuse...some of that thinking.

The first is an article in the current issue of Sojourner's magazine. You can find it here. you'll have to complete a free registration form that takes about 20 seconds.

The second is an article my Dad sent me a few days ago. Walmart and sustainability? Here

Happy reading.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go to the grave arguing that my jacket is navy.
Those are two interesting articles. We'll see if Walmart's CEO follows through on the plan. I wonder how he can be held accountable. I noticed he doesn't say much about wages.
As for sojouners' article, it sounds more like an indictment on us then on Wal-mart.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Greg said...

yes on the sojo article. It wasn't intended to really be about walmart...just pertinent to the conversation. There are those that are pretty cynical about walmart (and other large companies) who will say that this is lip service and PR, rather than a real desire or attempt to change. We'll have to see...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home